Project name: Preventing hUman intervention for increased SAfety in inFrastructures Emitting ionizing radiation (Puresafe)
“Preventing hUman intervention for increased SAfety in inFrastructures Emitting ionizing radiation”, is a Marie Curie Initial Training Network (ITN) project funded under the European Commission's Seventh Framework Programme Marie Curie Actions. The project includes 8 different international organizations including universities, international research organizations and industrial partners. The project is lead by Tampere University of Technology (TUT), Finland.
- The project aims at enhancing career development and training of Early-Stage Researchers in the field of systems engineering.
- The work is based on multidisciplinary fields of science in order to develop design methods and guidelines for the cost-effective Lean Systems Engineering (SE) framework of a system’s Lifecycle from design to disposal.
- The objective is to protect humans and environment from radiation.
- The aim is to increase machine experimental time of complex machines with the affordable machine life-cycle expenses (inter alia operating and maintaining expenses).
- The purpose is a cost-efficient life-cycle management in facilities generating ionizing radiation.
Dr.Tech. Jouni K. Mattila
Department of Intelligent Hydraulics and Automation
University Tampere University of Technology
FI-33720 Tampere, FINLAND