IMPORTANT! VE II will be a written exam
Exam on the 18.09.2019 from 08:00 to 09:30 in Carl-Benz Hörsaal Geb. 10.21
Language: german, if asked for in english
Literature: lecture on illias
The course teaches the Information Technology aspects and contexts of virtual product development. The focus is on the IT systems used to support the process chain of virtual engineering:
Virtual reality systems enable the real-time high immersive and interactive visualization of the corresponding models of the parts up to complete assembly. Virtual prototypes combine CAD data as well as information about remaining properties of the components and assemblies for immersive visualization, functionality tests and simulation and validation activities in and with the support of VR / AR / MR environments. Integrated Virtual Product Creation exemplifies the product development process from the perspective of virtual engineering. The aim of the course is to clarify the link between design and validation activities using virtual prototypes and VR / AR visualization techniques in conjunction with PDM / PLM systems. This is supplemented by introductions to the respective IT systems in practice-oriented labs.
Attendance: 21 hours ( +10.5 hours exercises )
Self-study: 87 hours
- describe Virtual Reality concepts, as well as explaining and comparing the underlying technologies.
- discuss the modeling and computer-internal picture of a VR scene and explain the operation of the pipeline to visualize the scene.
- designate different systems to interact with a VR scene and assess the pros and cons of manipulation and tracking devices .
- differentiate between virtual mock-up ( VMU ), Physical Mock-Up ( PMU ) and virtual prototypes and describe validation studies with VMU in the product development process.
- clarify the operation of a future integrated virtual product development and the derived associated challenges.
Depending on the current academic regulations
Aids : none