|chair:||Institute for Information Management in Engineering|
|semester:||winter term and sommer term during the semester break|
The participant will learn the following knowledge:
- Basics of CATIA V5 such as user interface, handling etc.
- Production and processing of different model types
- Production of casic geometries and parts
- Generation of detailed drawings
- Integration of partial solutions in modules
- Working with constraints
- Strength analysis with FEM
- Kinematic simulation with DMU
- Dealing with CATIA Knowledgeware
Students are able to create their own 3D geometric models in the CAD system, to generate drawings due to the created geometry and then carry out FE-studies and kinematic simulations using the integrated CAE tools. With advanced, knowledge-based functionalities of CATIA the participants will learn to automate the creation of geometry and thus to ensure the reusability of the models.
Dealing with technical drawings is required.