Dr..-Ing. Masoud Niknam
- Configuration and Change Maturity Optimization, The Case of Complex Engineering Environments
Masoud Niknam has finished his Master studies in Production Engineering at Chalmers University of Technology in Gothenburg, Sweden. In this period he obtained a minor subject in Industrial Management and also focused his research in the area of Lean Production and Product Development by performing projects in different companies such as Volvo Group, Volvo Cars, Scania, Atlas Copco and Kongsberg Automotive. He then worked as product development consultant for the years of 2010 and 2011 at Volvo Group and achieved a high level of practical experience in Project Management and Product Development which led to his eligibility for being certified as Project Management Professional (PMP) by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
Following his interests in research, he then joined Institute of Information Management in Engineering (IMI) at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), to be responsible for a research project entitled "Configuration Management in Scientific Infrastructures" which is part of a European Union Funded FP7 Marie Curie Project called PURESAFE. This Initial Training Network (ITN) project is a collaboration among nine partners comprising research institute, industrial partners and scientific infrastructures such as CERN and GSI.
- Niknam M, Ovtcharova J, (2013) Towards Higher Configuration Management Maturity, Product Lifecycle Management: PLM for Society, IFIP WG5.1, 10th International Conference PLM13, book edited by Alain Bernard, Louis Rivest, Debasish Dutta, IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology, Springer Verlag
- Niknam M, Bonnal P, Ovtcharova J, (2013) Configuration Management Maturity in Scientific Facilities, International Journal of Advanced Robotics, Special issue on Robotics and Systems Engineering in Scientific Facilities
- Niknam M, (2013) Configuration and Change Management in Scientific Facilities, Proceedings of the Doctoral Workshop in 10th International Conference on Product Lifecycle Management, Nantes, France
- Niknam M, Ovtcharova J, Bierbrauer S, Tillman R, (2013), A cross-industry assessment of Configuration Management Maturity, P3-group Publishing
- Niknam, M. (2013). Applicability of Chief Engineering System in European Automotive Industry, 20th International Product Development Management Conference IPDMC, Paris, France
- Niknam, M., Bonnal, P. & Ovtcharova, J. (2012), Towards Less Intervention by Increasing Configuration Management Maturity, 1st International Workshop for Telerobotics and Systems Engineering, Madrid, Spain
- Niknam, M., Bonnal, P. & Ovtcharova, J. (2012). Configuration Management in Scientific Infrastructures, Proceedings of 3rd Doctoral Conference on Computing, Electrical and Industrial Systems (DOCEIS), Lisboa, Portugal