NotesNumber of participants limited to 15 people.
Business Administration for Engineers and IT professionals
|chair:||Inst. f. Information Management in Engineering (IMI), Department of Mechanical Engineering|
|semester:||Summer term 2020|
Geb. 09.23, Kriegsstraße 77, 76133 Karlsruhe, IMI-Seminarraum 5. OG
Lecture in German language
Lecture language German. Number of participants is limited to 30 persons.
Workload: Attendance time 24 h, self-study 96 h.
- Competitive strategies, customer value, corporate cultures, lifecycles (technology, business, product), market leadership dynamics.
- Continuum commoditization/differentiation.
- Value chain, core and support functions.
- A company’s business portfolio.
- Profit margin sensitivity.
- Profitable and non-profitable products, customers and businesses.
- Drivers of a company’s value (McKinsey model), return on invested capital (ROIC), ROIC value driver tree.
- Strategic planning
- Capital investments, discounted cash flow analysis, quantifying of and dealing with risks, cost-estimating methodologies per planning stage.
- Sales, procurement/purchasing, negotiation strategies
- better understand a company’s business, financials and their executives/decision makers
- use the language and metrics of senior executives and hold effective conversations with them
- more effectively sell a solution’s or project’s operational and financial value to executives and decision makers