WG 2: Virtual Engineering
The research objective of the Collaborative Networks group is the methodic support and optimization of the interdisciplinary cooperative work between users and systems from different engineering domains. The research is focused on the identification and development of information structures that remain robust throughout different disciplines and phases of the engineering process and can be used for the administration and organization of interdisciplinary cooperation during this process. Such structures facilitate the effective and efficient configuration and utilization of knowledge bases for complex problems solving in networked, virtual organizations. The starting point for the discovery and creation of robust structures are functional models, information processes and function-oriented ontologies.
This concept will be applied first and foremost to the following application domains: intelligent energy management for building complexes and production facilities, knowledge-based problem diagnosis in corporate networks, as well as collaborative design environments for ultra-mobile devices enhanced by innovative information security mechanisms. Characteristics that all these domains have in common are: complex information flows in highly networked organizational structures and systems, hardly manageable functional and causal dependencies between sub-systems and components, complex problem analysis and correction as well as the global impact of local modifications.
- Dipl.-Inform. Polina Häfner
- Dipl.-Phys. Victor Häfner
- Dipl.-Ing. Hendrik Schuck
- Dipl.-Inform. Jan Siebel
- KnoHolEM: Knowledge-based energy management for public buildings through holistic information modeling and 3D visualization
- ImportNET: Intelligent modular open source Platform for intercultural and cross-domain SME-Networks (EU-FP6) (07/2006-06/2009)
- Marinov, M.; Ovtcharova, J. (2009). Function-oriented Test configuration in Mechatronics, CADCAM Report 06/2009.
- Schubert, P.; Marinov, M.; Ilieva, I.; Ovtcharova, J. (2008). Function-oriented Reutilization, CADCAM Report 12/2008.
- Marinov, M.; Schubert, P.; Ovtcharova, J. (2008). Function-oriented Change Management, CADCAM Report 09/2008.
- Ovtcharova, J.; Marinov, M. (2008) Function based identification of affected components in cross-domain engineering, International Conference on Computer Systems and Technologies – CompSysTech ’08 Proceedings.
- Marinov, M.; Krappe, H.; Ovtcharova, J. (2007) Innovative Mechatronic Product Development in Virtual Environments, CADCAM Report 09/2007.
- Marinov, M., Krappe, H.; Ovtcharova, J. (2007). Applications of Functional Modeling, CADCAM Report 06/2007.
- Krappe, H.; Marinov, M. (2007). Functional Modeling in Virtual Product Development, CADCAM Report 03/2007.
- Marinov, M., Gutu, D., Todorova, J., Szotz, M., Simonyi, A., Ovtcharova, J. (2011). Representation of Cross-Domain Design Knowledge through Ontology based Funcitonal Models, 18th International Conference on Engineering Design (ICED 2011), editors Howard, T.J., Mougaard, K., McAloone, T.C., Thorp Hansen, C., ISBN: 978-1-904670-32-2, ISSN: 2220-4342, 15 - 18 August 2011, Kopenhagen, Denmark, pp. 456 - 467.
- Krahtov, K., Rogalski, S., Wacker, D., Gutu, D., Ovtcharova, J. (2009). A Generic Framework for Lifecycle Management of Heterogeneous Building Automation Systems. Proceedings of the19th International Confernece for Flexible Automation and Intelligent Manufacturing (FAIM 2009), editor Nabhani, F., SIBN 9781615676279, 6 - 8 July 2009, Middlesbrough, UK.
- Anspach, K., Gutu, D., Ovtcharova, J. (2006). Integration von Bewegungsabläufen in den Digital Mock-Up bei der Adam Opel GmbH. Proceedings of the 9th IFF-Wissenschaftstage "Virtual Reality und Augmented Reality zum Planen, Testen und Betreiben technischer Systeme", editor Schenk, M., ISBN-10: 3-8167-7124-6, ISBN-13: 978-3-8167-7124-1, 21-22 June 2006, Magdeburg, Germany, pp. 60 - 70.
- Culha, B., Gutu, D., Mast, M., Ovtcharova, J. (2004). Pro-Teach-Net: Standortübergreifende Produktentwicklung in virtuellen Studententeams. Proceedings of the 10th Tagung der IuK-Initiative der wissenschaftlichen Fachgesellschften, editor Wiemeyer, J., ISBN 3-88020-448-9, 11 - 14 March 2004, Darmstadt, Germany, pp. 94 - 99.
- Ilchev S., Ilcheva Z. (2011). Protection of Intellectual Property in Web Communities by Modular Digital Watermarking. Proc. of COMPSAC 2011 (The IEEE Signature Conference on Computers, Software and Applications), 35th IEEE Annual Computer Software and Applications Conference Workshops, E-ISBN 978-0-7695-4459-5, Print ISBN 978-1-4577-0980-7, DOI 10.1109/COMPSACW.2011.69, INSPEC 12288790, 18 - 21 July 2011, Munich, Germany, pp. 374-379.
- Ilchev, V.; Ilchev, S. (2011). A classification method based on two separating hyper surfaces, CompSysTech '11: Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Computer Systems and Technologies, Editors: B. Rachev and A. Smrikarov, ISBN 978-1-4503-0917-2, DOI 10.1145/2023607.2023633, 16-17 June 2011, Vienna, Austria, pp. 149-154, published by ACM New York, USA 2011.
- Ilchev, S.; Ilcheva, Z. (2010). Modular Data Hiding for Digital Image Authentication. IADIS European Conference on Data Mining, July 2010, Freiburg, Germany (in press).
- Topalova, I.; Tzokev, A. & Ilchev, S. (2007). A Preprocessing Method and Classification of 2D Objects Using Neural Networks. Annals of DAAAM for 2007 & Proceeding of the 18th International DAAAM Symposium "Intelligent Manufacturing & Automation: Focus on Creativity, Responsibility and Ethics of Engineers" Editor: B. Katalinic, ISSN 1726-9679, ISBN 3-901509-58-5, November 2007, Zadar, Croatia, pp. 767-768.
- Topalova, I.; Ilchev, S. (2006). A preprocessing method and rotation invariant 2D object recognition using BPG neural networks. Proceedings of the International Conference “15 Years FDIBA”, ISSN 1310-3946, November 2006, Sofia, Bulgaria, pp. 185-190.