- Research Area 1: Lifecycle Engineering
- Research Area 2: Knowledge Management
- Research Area 3: Smart Immersive Environments
Our associated thematic clusters are:
- Generic Engineering Platforms
- Application Specific System Solutions
These thematic clusters integrate our research areas and ensure that the IMIs research and technological development focuses on operative applications in an industrial context.
The results of the thematic cluster "Methods" are methods and process models adapted to different types of engineering tasks as well as guidelines for their implementation in the company. They form the basis for the implementation of application-specific system solutions. In order to be efficient, flexible and demand-based in use these system solutions are designed as modules based on a generic engineering platform. This takes company-specific , organizational and technological frameworks into account.