Virtual Reality/Engineering Practical Course
- type: Practical Course
- chair: Institute for Information Management in Engineering
- semester: each semester
Kriegsstrasse 77, Seminar room top floor
Tuesday, 2:00-4:15 pm and on demand
- start: 03.11.2020
Prof. Dr. Dr.-Ing. Dr. h. c. Jivka Ovtcharova
- sws: 3
- ects: 4
- lv-no.: 2123375 / 2123350
- exam: During the last unit of the practical course (16.02.2021)
The Virtual Reality Practical Course is held in English language since WS 2015/16.
Dear interested students of the Virtual Reality and Virtual Engineering Practical Course,
the practical course in the winter semester 2021/22 will take place. The first event will be held on April 19 at 14:00 in presence. Further information will be published in the ILIAS course.
To register, please complete the questionnaires in ILIAS by 10 April 2022 to let us know which project you would prefer to work on. If you do not want to or cannot participate in the practical course anymore, please let us know by mail.
ILIAS course for both practical courses
If you have any questions regarding registration, please contact Anne Benedix by mail.
The Virtual Engineering practical course is only offered to Master students and the Virtual Reality practical course is only offered to Bachelor students. Please consult your module handbooks. Students from both courses will work together on the projects.
Location: the first event of the internship will take place April 19 at 2:00 pm in the seminar room on the 5th floor at IMI.
Official language of lecture: English
- design solutions for complex tasks in a team,
- solve subtasks within a specific work package in small groups, keeping the interfaces to other work packages in mind and
- merge this solution in the final product.
- Basics: Introduction in Virtual Reality (hardware, software, applications)
- Tool Kit: Exercises in the task specific software systems
- Application: autonomous project work in the area of Virtual Reality in small groups
- Project work and its Presentation (40%)
- Documentation (30%)
- Homework presentation (20%)
- Soft skills (10%)
Previous practical courses
For all projects results from previous semesters you can visit our YouTube Channel!
- Scientific publication "Interactive Visualization of Energy Efficiency Concepts in Virtual Reality", in EuroVR 2014 Conference in Bremen, Germany
- Cooperation with IPG Automotive GmbH students worked on actual research topics in the area of automotive during the practical course
- Cooperation with students from "Kinder-und Jugend-Uni Bretten" during WS 2013/14 more...
- The publication about the VR practical course teaching methodology won Best Paper Awart at VARE 2013 Conference more...
- Publication about the "Energy Experience Lab" (WS 2012/13) more...
- Second Place from foundation "Wissen+Kompetenzen" in 2013 for the project "Mixed Reality Driving Simulator" more...
- Scientific publication ftom the students in SS 2013 at FDIBA Scientific Conference "Integration eines realen Fahrzeugs in eine Mixed-Reality-Fahrsimulation" more...
- MINT-Box Project was realized based on the results of VR practical course