Lecture language German. Number of participants is limited to 30 persons.
Workload: Attendance time 24 h, self-study 96 h.
- Digitalization of products, services and production in the context of Industry 4.0 .
- Key drivers for ongoing digitalization and their impact on future product development and manufacturing.
- Methods and procedures to design the according transformation process.
- Intensive group discussions of use-case scenarios using practical examples from the industry.
- Students are able to describe the fundamental challenges and objectives of the progressive digitalization of products, service and production. In context of these challenges, students can name and explain the essential terms.
- Students can illustrate the key drivers and fundamental technologies behind the digitalization of products, services and processes.
- Students can describe the challenges of the ongoing digitalization and the corresponding changes in business processes and distinguish between them in regards to time and place. Furthermore, students are able to assign the IT-Architecture and systems to the corresponding process steps.
- Students can highlight the requirement for future information management in networks of product development and production institutions and can clarify how to validated and safeguard the corresponding IT processes.
- Students are able to analyze the challenges of digitalization and present potential solution approaches via self-created scenarios for future developments.