Virtual Reality/Engineering Practical Course
- type: Practical Course
- chair: Institute for Information Management in Engineering
- semester: each semester
Kriegsstrasse 77, Seminar room top floor
Tuesday, 3:45-6:15 pm and on demand
- start: 21.04.2020
- sws: 3
- ects: 4
- lv-no.: 2123375 / 2123350
- exam: During the last unit of the practical course (21.07.2020)
The Virtual Reality Practical Course is held in English language since WS 2015/16.
The first course will be held online on 21. April at 15:45. Check out the ILIAS course for further information.
The application for the summer term 2020 starts on 01. March at 12:00am in ILIAS and ends on 12. April at 11:00pm. Please fill in the questionnaire in ILIAS.
The Virtual Engineering Practical Course is for master students only whereas the Virtual Reality Practical Course is for bachelor students only. Please check your module handbooks for more information. Students from both courses will collaborate on projects.
Place: The first course will be held online on 21. April at 15:45. The zoom link can be found in ILIAS.
The practical course is offered in English language.
For all projects results from previous semesters you can visit our YouTube Channel!
- Scientific publication "Interactive Visualization of Energy Efficiency Concepts in Virtual Reality", in EuroVR 2014 Conference in Bremen, Germany
- Cooperation with IPG Automotive GmbH students worked on actual research topics in the area of automotive during the practical course
- Cooperation with students from "Kinder-und Jugend-Uni Bretten" during WS 2013/14 more...
- The publication about the VR practical course teaching methodology won Best Paper Awart at VARE 2013 Conference more...
- Publication about the "Energy Experience Lab" (WS 2012/13) more...
- Second Place from foundation "Wissen+Kompetenzen" in 2013 for the project "Mixed Reality Driving Simulator" more...
- Scientific publication ftom the students in SS 2013 at FDIBA Scientific Conference "Integration eines realen Fahrzeugs in eine Mixed-Reality-Fahrsimulation" more...
- MINT-Box Project was realized based on the results of VR practical course
- design solutions for complex tasks in a team,
- solve subtasks within a specific work package in small groups, keeping the interfaces to other work packages in mind and
- merge this solution in the final product.
- Basics: Introduction in Virtual Reality (hardware, software, applications)
- Tool Kit: Exercises in the task specific software systems
- Application: autonomous project work in the area of Virtual Reality in small groups
- Project work and its Presentation (40%)
- Documentation (30%)
- Homework presentation (20%)
- Soft skills (10%)